The Equity Institute Fellows (EI Fellows) program seeks highly engaged career professionals or graduate students with experience focusing on addressing issues of equity within education. Each cohort of EI Fellows consists of education leaders who are well versed in issues of educational equity and student-ready pedagogy/andragogy.
EI Fellows will serve as key facilitators during Equity Academies which serve as professional development opportunities for leaders to immerse themselves into engaging practices geared towards advancing the equity-centered work within their institution. Upon successful completion of the Weekend Seminars, EI Fellows will be certified as Equity Academy Facilitators and have the opportunity to facilitate or one more of the upcoming Equity Academies in 2020.
EI Fellows attend three intensive weekend seminars. The curriculum will highlight complex issues of equity facing California’s education system, as well as provide necessary content for facilitation. EI Fellows follows the following curricular “pillars”:
- Content- Learn about innovative practices utilized to engage participants to explore issues around race, gender, and equity.
- Facilitation- Develop strong group facilitation and co-facilitation skills, explore their own pedagogical/ andragogical practices, and learn from their interactions with experienced EI facilitators.
- Networking- Fellows gain the opportunity to engage with institutional leaders from across the state of California and access a more diverse range of professional resources and contacts.
To be considered as a 2019-2020 EI Fellow please submit the following materials electronically to Equity Institute with the subject line of: EI Fellows.
- Current resume/CV
- Interest Statement
- Diversity or Equity Statement
- One (1) Letter of Recommendation
If you have any question, please contact Equity Institute.